Think about the teaching strengths and weaknesses that you would like to highlight or receive feedback on for your PACT videotaped lesson. How could you capture those aspects of your teaching on video in a meaningful way that would demonstrate your teaching philosophy for your portfolio?
One of the skills that I am most proud of as an educator is my ability to connect with students on an individual level. I am able to form relationships based on mutual respect and I meet students at their level. I do my best to always make my intentions with the students transparent and to know what I am asking them to do and why.
On my video recording I would like to portray a conversation between myself and a student where I am making my intentions very explicit for them. I know that often students do not believe there is a purpose to the work that they are engaging in and I belive if I can effectively articulate my reasoning to the students I will make positive steps towards achieving their buy-in.
In terms of weaknesses. I struggle (as I believe all first-year teachers do) with discipline issues. It is still very difficult for me to take a stand and be firm with my students. I know that at times my desire to achieve student buy-in can be percieved as weakness and students will attempt to push boundaries and question my authority. I can only hope that if these issues arise I will be able to be firm and fair in my responding to student dissent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment